10840 82 Avenue
Delta BC V4C 2B3
Phone: 604 594-3474
Sand Soccer School Goals
- Continue to develop their soccer skills and fitness levels through a variety of physical activities
- Receive high quality, soccer specific, physical and mental training from certified coaches
- Receive sports science instruction including fitness, nutrition, strength training, sport physiology and mental training, utilizing a variety of experts
- Learn in an environment that will enable them to achieve academic goals and enhance their opportunities to pursue post secondary athletic and/or academic scholarships.
- Network with university/college coaches and players
- Be presented with opportunities to complete coaching, officiating and first aid certifications.
- Demonstrate good citizenship within the school and the community
Facts about the Program
- Sands Soccer School is a new offering that gives students an opportunity to play and learn soccer while earning credits for Physical and Health Education. Sands Soccer School is a comprehensive program that emphasizes skill development, physical literacy and enjoyment of sport. This program is available to Sands students in Gr. 8-10 who have experience playing soccer at a club level. (There may be some expectations made for older students to attend but they will be rare.) There will be a monthly fee (approximately $550 per year) that will cover the cost of hiring professional coaches.
- The Soccer School will be one block and does not replace a regular PE block. If were are in a Quarter system, the block will be in Block C and students will count this as their 9th block. If we are in a Linear system this will be a regularly scheduled block and will replace an elective – students only taking 8 blocks. If you have any questions, please contact Lucas Serres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are wanting to be Soccer School will need to fill in an application. This will be available soon, please check back.
Regular Bell Schedule: MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY (Flex time 9:43 – 10:25 am)
|Period 1||8:30 – 9:39 am|
|Period 2||10:30 – 11:39 am|
|Lunch||11:39 – 12:17 am|
|Period 3||12:22 – 1:31 pm|
|Period 4||1:36 – 2:45 pm|
Collaboration Day Bell Schedule 2018/19: EVERY WEDNESDAY
|Period 1||9:30 – 10:35 am|
|Period 2||10:40 – 11:47 am|
|Lunch||11:47 – 12:25 am|
|Period 3||12:30 – 1:35 pm|
|Period 4||1:40 – 2:45 pm|